Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 1-14, 2009

14 days to catch up on! Man, was it tough to go back to work after having been off so long for the holidays! I can't remember a Christmas season that I enjoyed more than this one. We had such a great Christmas with Carter and Ryleigh getting so excited about all that was going on and then our New Year's was one to be remembered spending it with great friends.

Things are still a little slow around the office while we wait for God to send us a senior pastor. Sometimes it seems like we are just treading water while we wait. I know I need to be thankful for a little down time right now because I am sure that when the new pastor comes, it will be full steam ahead!

Last weekend, Randall and I went hunting. On Friday, I saw a big buck that had a weird rack of 2 on one side and a short cow horn on the other. After the buck left the patch, 6 doe entered throughout the rest of the afternoon and were still in the patch when I got ready to leave. Mike shot at a 6 point on #5, but evidently missed him. We looked for blood for a long time on Friday night and then went back the next morning to look some more and never found any. Mike was sick! Randall sat in a tree stand on Friday, but saw nothing at all.

With all the activity on Friday, we went to the fields on Saturday afternoon with high expectations. We saw absolutely NOTHING!...NOTHING! You can never figure it out! Randall, Ryan, and Carter are going hunting this weekend. It is supposed to be record breaking cold, so the deer should certainly be up and moving around. I hope they get something. I have a women's ministry retreat at the Gulf this weekend so I will not be able to go:(

These next three weekends are the best all year for hunting. Now Is The Time!!!!

No comments:

Followers