Tuesday, June 2, 2009

God Is At Work...I'm Just Not Sure What He Is Doing!

Things have been all out crazy since we got back from our cruise. The week after I got back, I had one of the shocks of my life. Ken and Bob were released from their ministry at the church on the Tuesday after we got back. They gave their resignations on Wed. night two weeks ago. This has been a very difficult time.

At this point, one person off personnel and one off of pastor search team have been placed as helping me in the small group area. I met with one man last week and will meet with both men tomorrow night at 6:00. The next few months are the busiest time for the small group area getting ready for the new church year which has to be ready to begin by the end of August. There is a LOT to be done!

I have recently been sensing that God may be leading me away from directing women's ministry at the church, at least for a while. This began quite a few months ago. Now that Ken is gone and small groups has pretty much landed in my lap for the time being, I feel that this area is so important to our church, that I need to devote all of my time to it. I know this is only temporary until we get a senior pastor, but for now I really feel led to devote a lot of thought and time to the area that God has me serving.

The question was...who would lead women's ministry. As God always does, when He closes one door for one person, He opens one for another. One gal in our church who was not currently involved with our women's ministry kept coming to my mind to ask. This was very strange. But I went ahead and called her and asked her if there was any way that she might be remotely interested in leading in this area. I knew that she had served on staff at another church and had been involved as a lay person in women's ministry at other churches. It so happened that she had been sensing from God that she was to be working in the area of women's ministry again, but she was asking God for clarity on exactly what He wanted her to do. Then I call. Wow! Isn't God incredible!! I can tell she will be wonderful and I look forward to seeing what God is going to do through her leadership in this area. I will still be the staff person connection for women's ministry and will be involved as much as possible.

I really need God's direction and leadership because I am WAY over my head! But I also know that when I am in a place where I have to totally depend upon God, that is exactly where He wants me and where He can use me the most!

No comments:

Followers