Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Camping Vacation Continued-Sunday, July 6, 2008




I couldn't believe my time was up:(. It was the morning that we were to leave to come back to the real world. The Peaks and us got up and went to Hazel's for breakfast. Then we rode all over Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. We then went back to the camp and sat outside and enjoyed yet another wonderful constant breeze off the bay. We left around 12:30. I had a close call as we left the campground. Randall was pulling the trailer with the truck in front of me. He pulled out of the campground onto the main road. I knew that I wanted to stay right behind him if at all possible. So I looked to my right and saw a car pulling a boat and thought if I put the pedal to the medal, I could make it out in plenty of time not to even make the car pulling the boat to even have to slow down. As I pulled out and crossed one lane of traffic and was crossing over into the one I was getting into, a car which seemed to come out of no where zoomed past me. Evidently, when I glanced to my right, this car was in my blind spot. I did not see him at all. I pulled out right behind him, only missing him by what must have been inches. I still don't know how I missed hitting him. It was one of those times when you know that God intervened. I know everytime we had prayed on the vacation, we prayed for safety and I just know that God answered that prayer in that very moment. It would have been a terrible accident because the car was traveling at a high rate of speed. Thank you Lord for taking care of my mistake! We had a great vacation and I am so thankful for the rest and relaxation we had. We are so blessed!

1 comment:

Payne Family said...

So glad that God was watching over you!!! Looks like you guys had a great vacation and some BEAUTIFUL sunsets and rises!

Followers