Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Light of the Village Sunday Service May 31, 2008





On Sunday, May 31, Tom and Linda Peak, Wayne and Melissa Stevens, and Randall and I went to "Light of the Village" to worship with them as well as serve them lunch. We enjoyed ourselves so much. The little children were absolutely so adorable and so loving. As soon as they came in the room, many of them lifted their arms letting us know that they wanted us to pick them up and hold them. How precious they were. Joseph, Joe, Demetreus, with Marco on sound began our service off with some Christian rap that they had written. I was very impressed with the words as well as the rap portion. After the music, John Eads taught the lesson. While John spoke, Dolores, Tom, Melissa and I took the children under the age of 5 outside and played with them so that the service would not be disrupted for the older children and adults. It was burning up outside, but we had so much fun, swinging, and playing with the children. I have some pictures that I took of some of the children posted here. One picture was taken by one of the children who was just fascinated with my camera. We also took a bunch of K-Mag t-shirts out to them that we did not use at Dayspring and gave them out to the children. They were very excited to get them! For lunch, we served bar-B-Q sandwiches, baked beans, potato chips and ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Everyone seemed to enjoy the meal. As usual, the blessing of going and sharing ended up being ours! God always gives us the joy when we do what He has commanded that we do. The JOY WAS OURS!

1 comment:

Tiffy's World said...

Hey Mom- I want to go with ya'll next time you go like that will you please call me? I love ya

Followers