Monday, August 18, 2008

My Second New Laptop

I have been wanting a laptop for several years now and finally my sweet husband purchased one for me for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I was not able to have my high speed internet or my wireless router connected until last week. So needless to say, I was not able to use it much until last week. Since this was my first laptop, I was not familiar with how long it takes the battery to charge. For over a week I have been experiencing a problem. Everything worked perfectly and I could do everything, including accessing the Internet wirelessly, I needed to as long as I was connected to an electrical outlet. But as soon as I tried to run on battery alone, I would immediately lose my Internet connection and would not be able to return to the Internet until I plugged into electricity. So yesterday afternoon I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I called HP support. This was the beginning of where I would lose 5 hours of my life that I would never get back. To make a long, long, long, long story very short, for the next 5 hours, I spoke with 4 foreigners--two of which I could not understand at all. After HP Support had done everything that they could think of that they knew for me to dom including completely erasing everything on my computer, they determined that there must be a problem with my router and then patched me into Linksys, the router people. It all ended after I explained to the last customer service rep at Linksys what my original problem had been 5 hours earlier. She then asked me if I had originally told the HP Support person the same thing I had just told her and I told her I had. She quickly told me that the problem was with the computer itself. It had nothing to do with HP software or with the router. She suggested I take the computer back to Office Max and get another one. I could not believe that I had gone through all that I had just to be told that!!! So after 5 hours of working with the support people from all over the world, I ended up in the same exact place I started!!!

At lunch today, I took my computer back to Office Max and told them all that I had done the day before. They immediately gave me a new computer and I was out the door in less than 10 minutes. It would have been such an easy problem to solve had I spoken with the last support person first!

I have worked most of the evening tonight loading everything into this laptop and setting everything up. Everything is working perfectly!!! I am so excited about all that I can do on the laptop and all the great email blogs that I am able to read.

Well, Randall just rolled over and turned the T.V off. It is now 10:35 and for those of you who know me.....you know that is wayyyyyyy past my betime. Good nite!

2 comments:

Tiffy's World said...

So proud of you, great job. Sorry for all the frustration. You should have called and I would have helped you. Call if you need anything in the future---I'll even let you when I'm not on call! (That's love)

Payne Family said...

I am glad that you got a laptop, I can't live without mine. Sorry that you had to go through all that you went through!

Followers