Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My First Christmas In Heaven

I have conveyed in many posts since Thanksgiving how much I love the Christmas season. Even though I still love it, because of the occurences of this year, I look at Christmas a little differently this year. Recently, three friends of mine have passed away and I can't help but think about their families and how different Christmas must be for them this year. I mentioned this to another friend of mine on the phone the other day and she sent me this poem in the Christmas card she sent to me. Because all of my friends were Christians, I know this poem could be exactly what they would say to their families this Christmas. Here is the poem:

My First Christmas In Heaven

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below.
With tiny lights, like heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular; please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the may Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you of the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me. I see pain inside your heart,
But I am not so far away. We really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, loved ones. You know I hold you dear,
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory of my undying love
After all, "Love" is the gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do,
For I cannot count His blessings or measure His love for you.
So, have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

Anonymous

Spending their first Christmas with Jesus this year:
John Norsworthy
Renee Baggett
Tom Russell

My prayers are going out for the families of all of these dear friends. They are greatly missed by many.

No comments:

Followers