Monday, December 22, 2008

Sat., Dec. 20-Loving the Lights

On Saturday night, Nana and Poppie picked up Carter and Ryleigh and we all went out to view the Christmas lights down different "paths" (as Carter referred to the streets). They are both very excited about Christmas this year. Their favorite object to spot in the yards was Santa. Carter also looked intently for deer (isn't that surprising?:) When I asked them if they knew whose birthday Christmas was, they both said "Jesus." I reminded them of why we do all of the Christmas decorating and celebrating and they said they knew why. I think it is always important to remind children from an early age of the greatest reason for the season. It is so easy to get caught up in all the other stuff that we as adults need to be reminded over and over again as well.

We took a break and ate a "delicious" meal of hamburgers, french fries and chicken nuggets at McDonalds. After dinner, we all enjoyed ice cream. Carter and Ryleigh sang Christmas carols in the back seat of the truck while we looked at the lights. I was able to get a little of their singing on the video as well as a little of our visit at McDonalds.

It was a great night in the life of Carter's & Ryleigh's Nana ! As if you haven't guessed by now, I adore these children:) They are one of God's greatest blessings in my life!

2 comments:

Payne Family said...

Glad you had a great night making memories with your grandkids!! Looked like a lot of fun! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Awe...I just love their sweet little voices! I know they had so much fun with their Nana and Poppie!

By the way, I'm so glad I can finally comment on here now. I really enjoy all of your blogs. I would love to start one, but I just don't know if I would keep up with it enough :) I think I'll just stick to reading your's instead :)

Followers