Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter had with it this year a lot of emotions for me. Easter Sunday has fallen right in the middle of Grandmother Erma's death and her funeral. She passed away on Thursday, but Radney would not be able to schedule the wake/funeral until Monday. So on Easter Sunday, my thoughts were in the middle of all of this. As I contemplated the resurrection of Christ and it's significance, it meant all the more to me realizing that because of Christ's death and life, that I will see Grandmother Erma again!

Easter Sunday, we were all at church, with the exception of Ryan, Elizabeth and Carter. They go to Tuscaloosa on Easter to be with Elizabeth's family. After church, Brandon, Brittany, and Ryleigh went to eat lunch with Brittany's family. Mother, Daddy, Morris, Julie and their kids, Randall and I met Uncle Jan, Julie, Geoff and Uncle Jan's girlfriend, Sheila for lunch at Wintzell's downtown. I do not remember ever having eaten at Wintzell's downtown. Randall thinks we went there one time about 30 years ago. I can't remember yesterday, much less 30 years back. Nevertheless, the food was very good and we enjoyed our Easter lunch.

After lunch, Randall and I came home and relaxed. Randall took a nap, but I just wasn't able to fall asleep which is very unusual for me.

A very different Easter, but one that will be memorable.

No comments:

Followers