Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Getting Ready To Cruise!


Today is Wednesday, April 22 and we leave on our cruise one week from Monday. We are really getting excited. Randall and I went out last weekend and bought some much needed summer clothes for the cruise. Since our last two vacations were taken during cold months, we have not purchased any new summer clothes in quite a while.

We made purchases at Stein Mart and Academy Sports. Once I got home and began planning my clothes for each day, I determined that I really had too many clothes. So I took back a pair of shorts and a top on Sunday. I ended up buying 3 tops and two pair of shorts. I tried on swim suits, but I have such a weird body that nothing looked right. I think I will just use an old one I already had and Linda has also loaned me one of hers that looks decent.

We began placing all of our new clothes and all that we plan to take with us in the guest room. You probably won't be able to go into that room by the time we get ready to leave:)

We also picked me up some sandals at Shoe Station and Randall some sandals at Academy Sports. I think this is the first pair of sandals Randall has owned since we married 32 years ago. It's just not somthing he cares for. I have a feeling that once he begins wearing them, he may wear them a lot. As a matter of fact, he is already wearing them.

I know most people say they always think they will need more clothes than they do on cruises. I have planned one outfit for each day and one for each night for dinner. I may still have too many clothes. But I would rather have too many than not enough:)

I also started tanning at the tanning bed just until we go on the cruise. This fat really needs all the help it can get to look better. Tanned fat just looks better than white fat!

I went today at lunch and got the hair taken care of. I got fresh highlights and cut as well. It sure does feel better.

This weekend looks like it will be pretty busy for us. Beginning Friday, we have a churchwide discipleship event called Strive 09, that I am helping with. That will require a lot of my time on Friday afternoon and night. Saturday, we have been asked to keep Carter during the day and take him to his t-ball game. Then we are to keep Ryleigh Saturday night and Sunday morning. So we probably won't have time to do much else this weekend.

I think we are ready for the most part. We will still have next weekend to get any last minute things we need.

No comments:

Followers