Saturday, September 6, 2008

Highlights of the Last Three Days

For about three months now, I have noticed a raised place on my back that itches and has seemed to get larger. After letting several people look at it and getting their opinions, I decided that I might need to have it checked. Went to the doctor Thursday morning and it took about two seconds for him to tell me that it was nothing to worry about. I really wasn't worried, but it never hurts to have these things checked when they begin to change in size and itch.

Yesterday, (Friday) I was off as usual. I begin teaching art at Light of the Village again this next Monday, so I decided to go purchase some supplies that we will need. I am so excited that this year, the church is giving me money so that we can do more with the students. We were not able to do anything with color last year because they could not affort any supplies. We will start with pastels. I was blessed to find pastels on sale for 30% off and was also able to get some sketch pads. Being able to use color mediums will open up a whole new learning process for them. I am very excited about that.

Last night, we went to see a movie. I knew that it would be a silly movie but I thought I was in the mood for silly. The movie ended up being sillier than I ever anticipated and I am sorry that I made Randall sit through it:) As usual though, the popcorn and diet coke were worth the trip! Afterwards, we enjoyed dinner at Panera Bread.

I have spent most of today surfing the web. I've become very interested in Sarah Palin because she just seems to have such great leadership qualities...the kind of leadership qualities I admire. She seems to be extremely bright, articulate, cares for others, makes things happen, not afraid to take on big issues that are just wrong, has great Christian values that influence her decisions, loves her family, and so much more. The more I learn, the more I like. I actually ordered a t-shirt online that has on it, "PALINTOLOGIST; Sarah Palin voter who shares her conservative values, Maverick attitude, and American style." I can't wait to get it. I believe that God may have raised Sarah up to be our present day Esther. I believe she was created for just such a times as this. I know that we will need to immerse this woman in our prayers, because no doubt, "the enemy" ( and I don't mean Obama, or maybe I do:)) will be out to destroy her.

I am loving Facebook as well. It is so much fun finding out what is going on the the lives of my friends. When I first started Facebook, I wasn't that impressed...but now I LOVE it.

Well, we have purchased the Alabama /Tulane Game to play on T.V. at 6:00. Randall has had hot wings in the crock pot all afternoon and they smell scrumptious! I can't wait to consume them in just a few minutes. I hope Alabama plays as well this week as they did last week.

The next big event that we are anticipating is our vacation to Branson, MO. We will leave Mobile on Friday, October 24 and return Sunday, November 2. We have never been to Branson and we look forward to seeing a few shows and enjoying the beautiful Fall weather that they are known for. I will close every blog from this point until then with the number of days we have left until we leave.

I hope all of you have had a wonderful Saturday!

47 days until we hook up the 24 foot trailer and head for Branson!

No comments:

Followers