Monday, September 1, 2008

Saturday, August 30






One of my favorite times while camping is early morning when I can take my coffee outside, sit on the patio under the awning and just enjoy the beauty of a new day. This morning was no disappointment. There was a gently breeze blowing and the birds were singing. I even witnessed a group of geese flying in formation directly over my campsite (off course my camera was inside:()


After my sleepy head husband got up a little while later, we decided we would do what has become "the thing to do when we go to Gulf Shores" and that is to go look at fifth wheels at Camping World and another place. I told Randall that I was embarrased because we have already been to both of these dealerships three times and the salesmen were going to get tired of seeing us. He told me I was being crazy! So, off we went. At this point, we have looked at so many different fifth wheels, I can't remember one from another, but fortunately Randall can.


Mike and Deborah called us while we were at Camping World and joined us in our search for the perfect RV. We left shortly after they got there. We stopped by Lowe's on the way back to the campground for Mike to pick up a generator. They lose power all the time in Bladon Springs and since there is a possible hurricane coming, he figured this would be a good time to take the plunge and buy one.


When we got to the campgrounds around lunchtime, Deborah brought some delicious pulled pork and we had pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans, cold slaw and best of all.... one of Mike's famous, delicious, outstanding, sweetend condensed poundcake that is to die for!!!


After lunch we sat around in the trailer mostly watching the Weather Channel and football (Opening day of college football) . I took a short nap during the football watching. Unless it's Alabama, I don't much care about it.


Since the Alabama game began at 7:00, we decided that we should go out to eat around 5:00 to make sure we were back in time for kickoff. We ate at DeSoto's and got back just in perfect time. It was such a nice evening that we brought the T.V out onto the patio and watched the game outside. It was a lot of fun because all around us were other groups of people watching the game outside too and it was almost like being at the game with all the yelling going on all around you! It was a GREAT game. Alabama looked strong against such a capable team as Clemson, which was ranked #9.


After the game was over, Randall and I made our plans to get up early the next morning (Sunday) and come back to Mobile so that I would not have to take a vacation day since I work on Sunday's now. But about 10:30, I talked with Mother and she said that she had heard on the 7:00 local news that Gulf Shores was under a mandatory evacuation tomorrow. So a quick change of plans had to be made. So much to my dismay,we would get up and bring our Labor Day Weekend Camping Trip to a close in the morning.



1 comment:

Payne Family said...

ROLL TIDE!!! Glad that you guys had such good weather while at Gulf Shores,even if you had to leave earlier than you wanted too. Oh, and I LOVE the bunny picture!!! We don't see ours much anymore, I think that they have moved to other yards :-(

Followers