Monday, September 8, 2008

A Long Day

Yesterday was one of the biggest days of the year for the area of ministry that I serve in at work and church. Group Link was held yesterday. Group Link is the event where we place people who are wanting to join off campus small groups with groups that are desiring to add people to their groups. I began the day at 8:15 where I continuously made tea all morning until I had enough to serve 250 people. It took me three hours!That's a lot of tea! I did this in between my regular Sunday morning duties, which made for a very full morning. After I finished with the Sunday School records, Randall and I made a mad dash to Ruby Tuesday's and grabbed a salad. Then I ran by Lowe's to pick up flowers to place in the tennis shoes that we were using for centerpieces for the 30 tables we are using at Group Link. Then it was back to church!

Setting up for Group Link is a massive undertaking. We have lots to do in a short amount of time. Group Link began at 5:00 and because of some other church actvities right after the last service, we were not able to get into the worship center to begin to set up until around 1:00. My plan was to get set up and then go home for a few minutes to freshen up before Group Link. Well, that didn't happen this year. We ran out of time and I stayed straight through.

We had a great turn out for the event and we felt as everything went well. I pray that everyone that participates will grow in their walk with God and will find great encouragement from others in their small group. I also pray that this year more than ever, groups will get out in the communityand share the love of Jesus Christ with a world that needs to see the church in action.

I finally arrived at home around 8:00 last night. 12 hours is a long day and this old woman was pooped!!!!! My body hurt so badly, I couldn't go to sleep until I took 3 ibuprophen.

Today, Julie and I returned to our teaching art at Light of the Village for the new school year. The school has doubled in size since last year. Instead of having only 7 boys, we now have a total of 15 students, boys and girls mixed. It is always such a blessing to minister at this wonderful ministry and we look forward to our new year.

Tonight, I am still tired from yesterday and also from having to do all the clean up today from yesterday. I think I will sleep well tonight.

45 Days until we leave in the 24 ft. travel trailer and head for Branson, MO.

1 comment:

Tiffy's World said...

12 hour days---that is Callis time! We have openings, we can make it a family thing. You intrested?

Everything looked excellent yesterday, as always you did a great job!

Followers