Monday, October 13, 2008

Busy, Busy Sunday

I began my Sunday as usual around 8:15 at the church. I did my ususal duties of making sure that all is done for teacher's and director's meeting when I first arrived. Then I just walked around to see if anything needed to be done. Everything seemed to be fine, so I just walked around and talked waiting for the 9:30 meeting.

Our meeting was poorly attended. This is beginning to be a pattern. Quite discouraging! When the meeting was over, I went into the 9:45 service. After the service, I visited for a few minutes with Sandy Norsworthy. I felt so bad when I realized for the first time that she and John had been a part of our Community Group when Doug and Renee were in the group as well. I had completely forgotten that they were all in our group at the same time. I had not called Sandy about Renee passing away and she had only found out just before she came to church when she saw it in the newspaper. Sandy was very upset over finding out about Renee. I felt so bad about not letting her know. My memory is getting so bad!

I then went to the resource room after I went about collecting all the SMBS folders. I finally finished with all the records around 11:50. Randall and I grabbed a quick lunch before heading out to Serenity Funeral home for Renee's wake which was being held from 12:00-2:00. The funeral was held at 2:00. Doug seemed to be doing so much better than he was when I last saw him on Thursday. I know his heart is breaking and he will continue to hurt probably to some degree forever. David Johnson officiated at the funeral and as usual, he did a fantastic job. This funeral was especially difficult for him because he and Susan had been friends of Doug and Renee's for 25 years. They raised their children together and had been a huge part of each other's lives. Renee's life was another friend whose life was lived for the glory of God. "Well done thou good and faithful servant" was surely heard by her early Thursday morning when she went to be with our Father.

After the graveside service, I had just enough time to go home and change clothes in order to get back to church for a special called service by Pete Sanchez. It was finally decided after about 3 months of discussion that we would go from 3 morning services to 2 morning serives. This was definitely needed at this time for many different reasons. It looks like at this time we will have services at 9:00 and another at 10:30. I begin we will begin this schedule in several weeks.

WHAT A WEEKEND! My emotions have been all over the place. Great joy, great sadness and everything in between. I really am looking forward from one week from today!

Time to really get serious. Vacation begins one week from today!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Followers