Wednesday, October 15, 2008

STIX


About a month ago, Tiffany Lamey, my Elizabeth and I got into a discussion somehow about Japenese food. I made the comment that I had never eaten at a Japenese restaurant. They could not believe it. Tiffany said that her favorite Japenese Restaurant was STIX in Malbis. Elizabeth said that she had heard a lot about it but had never eaten there. So we determined that the three of us would make a date and go sometime soon.

Well, that date happened last night! The only change in plans was that we were accompanied by Master Carter Stanford, which made it just that much better for Nana. After leaving work at 4:30, I went out to pick up Carter from school and then he and I went to Callis to meet his mom and Tiffany. We drove over to Malbis with Tiffany as our chauffeur.
I am now officially a lover of the Japanese Cuisine! We ate at the Hibachi Grill part of the restaurant and had an entertaining night of food preparation. Tiffany ordered an appetizer of coconut shrimp and I had a couple of them to begin my evening. After that, a delicious ginger soup and salad was served. I can't remember now what the dressing on the salad was called, but is was unlike any dressing I ever tasted and was delicious. Later, our chef fixed a fried rice and egg combination. It was served with sauces that were also outstanding. Next came the stir fried vegetables. I am not a vegetable person, but this is one time that I ate all my veggies. By the time my main dish of hibachi shrimp was ready, I was already full!!!!

It was a great evening with great company! I love Tiffany, Elizabeth and Carter! Thanks you guys for the introduction to the Japanese way of life:) This restaurant will be added to my list of favorites!
Went today at lunch to pick up a few items we will need for vacation like toothpaste, deodorant, shaving cream and such. We decided we would still need to use these items. We are getting more and more excited by the day.
3 days til vacation!!!!!!

No comments:

Followers