Monday, October 13, 2008

A Non-Stop Saturday!!


Our Saturday morning began early with getting up at 6:30 so that we could be at Magnolia Grove Golf Course by 7:30 for registration in the Fall Dayspring Par Three Golf Tourney. We met our good friends Wayne and Valerie Boatman about 7:45 and hit a few range balls to warm up. The weather was great! It was a little overcast with a slight breeze blowing most of the time we played. Randall and Wayne played as a team and Valerie and I were a team. We played the same hole at the same time however. We always have such a good time anytime we do anything with the Boatmans and this was no exception. It was just a fun time of playing golf. After we finished, we enjoyed lunch at the Grill at the Golf Course. Valerie and I split our hamburger and chicken monterrey sandwich so that we could taste both. They were both delicious! We were all pretty whooped and were looking forward to taking a nap. I knew that my nap would have to be very quick because I would have to begin getting ready for a wedding.
We began our journey home from the Golf course and it was taking forever to get down Schillinger Rd. The flea market always makes the traffic heavy on Sat., but this seemed unusually busy. After we passed the flea market, we discovered a wreck that was making the traffic even worse. It seemed like an eternity when we finally got to Airport Blvd. Just as we got to Airport Blvd. Randall realizes that he does not have his cell phone and remembers leaving it in the golf cart. Oh great! Forget my nap! We have got to turn around and go back through all the traffic to go back to the golf course. When we finally arrived home, I had exactly 25 minutes before I had to start getting ready for Sandy Parker's wedding. I laid down, but was not able to go to sleep in that short time frame.
I went out to pick up Ryan because Elizabeth was serving at the wedding and had to be there early. We drove to the wedding t ogether. I enjoyed spending time with my baby boy. It is very rare these days that I get to spend time with my boys and I love it when I am able to spend time with them.
The wedding was beautiful but the reception was fabulous. It was held at the Riverview and was a sit down dinner. Wonderful orderves were served as we waited to enter the dining room. We also enjoyed beautiful piano music as we waited. Once inside the dining room, it was a feast for the eyes. The tables were set absolutely gorgeously! The color teal was used in the wedding and all the chairs were draped in white with beautiful teal bows draped around each chair. At each seat were beautiful teal napkins folded very elegantly. All of the tables had beautiful live flower centerpieces that were unbelieveably gorgeous! The band was very good and we enjoyed their music as we dined. The wedding began at 5:00 and I left the reception a little past 9:00. Sandy Parker and George Nelson had a beautiful beginning to their life together. I pray that God will bless their marriage.
By the time I arrived home from downtown, it was around 10:00. I am sufficiently worn out. But I have to be at church in the morning by 8:00 for what will be a non-stop Sunday as well. I hope I sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Followers