Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dayspring Fall Festival 2008

Whew!!!! I have not physically worked as hard as I did yesterday in a long time. I began my day on Saturday morning around 8:30 at the church. Several people were already there working hard. I knew the first thing I needed to do was to get the Diet Cokes that we would be selling in a refrigerator and get them cold. So I went to get them in the Children's resource room. One of the cases of the 20 oz drinks was on top of the refrigerator and as I was getting it down, the first thing I did right off the bat was to pull a muscle in my back! I get so mad because it seems that I cannot do anything physical or that requires me to lift anything with any weight to it without injuring my back. So the rest of the day and night, I endured this pulled muscle.

After I moved all the drinks from the children's resource into the main kitchen refrigerator, I went to check on the popcorn machine that we would be using. Well come to find out, the night before, the college department had tried to use it and it burned all of the popcorn and we were not sure that it would be able to be used. We knew the first thing that had to be done was a thorough cleaning. This took about 30-45 minutes. We finally got it clean and put it through a test. The first batch didn't look so good, but it didn't burn. The second batch looked good and we were good to go. Randall came up and helped Tom Peak get the Men's Ministry booth together too. We left around lunch time and we were back up there at 3:00. During the three hour in between, Ryan and Elizabeth brought Carter over to stay with us for the night. We watched him until 3:00, then we dropped him off with Uncle and Aunt B. Brittany brought them to the festival later in the evening.

My grandchildren are adorable and precious! Carter was Spider Man and Ryleigh was a bunny rabbit. I am so sorry that I was too busy to get any pictures of them. I will get pictures later on Halloween and post them for you to see.

At the Women's ministry food booth we sold cotton candy (already made and in bags) $1, popcorn $1, sno cones (tiger's blood, bubble gum, banana, and chocolate fudge) $1, Diet Cokes $1, and bottle water .50. We sold out of cotton candy about half way through the night and not long afterwards we sold out of bottle water. I could not believe how busy we were. Linda Peak, Aimee Tapper, Deanne Riley and I worked non-stop from 4 until 7:30. Several others checked in with us through out the night to help. I really appreciate all the hard work that everyone put in. The booth was a great success!

Actually the whole festival was a tremendous success. This is such a great opportunity for Dayspring to give something to our community. Most of the people I waited on at the booth were people I did not recognize. I pray that the people who attended who do not attend church anywhere will possibly come to Dayspring as a result of this outreach.

Reporting for Jury Duty in the morning. Never know what that will mean for my day.

Two weeks from today, vacation begins!

No comments:

Followers