Monday, October 13, 2008

Camera receives New Life!!!!

I have really been bummed all weekend about my great camera dying on me. We know that we have to have a camera for vacation so we determine that we will go tonight and talk with the guy at Walmart to see what his recommendation might be. Brandon and Brittany call and ask us to babysit Ryleigh. So as soon as we get her, we head to Walmart. The guy that we have always dealt with at Walmart looks at the camera and he determines that the automatic lens cover is stuck for some reason. He tells us that unfortunately, it will probably cost as much to send it in to have it fixed as it would to buy a new one. Besides that, we do not want to wait on it because we will need it for vacation. So we d0 the only thing we can (as much as I hated to spend the money at this point) and that was to buy a new camera. This was certainly money we needed to spend on vacation. Not on a camera!

We left Walmart and got gas for $2.95 at Dodge! Who would have ever thought one would be excited about gas for $2.95. But several weeks ago, gas was close to $4.00. So $2,95 seems like a huge bargain. Afterwards, Ryleigh, Poppie and I went to Marble Slab for some wonderful ice cream. Ryleigh wanted chocolate. I got a birthday cake ice cream cone and poppie got a banana split. After Ryleigh tasted all of our ice cream, she decided birthday cake was her favorite. So I lost mine and I got the chocolate:)

The best part of the night happened when we got home. Randall told me to go get my old camera. He got it and after fooling with it for about two minutes, he had it fixed. It is working perfectly. Thank y0u God! What a blessing! I can now take back the other camera and we will have our $200 back! I am so excited!

Our Ryleigh was just precious tonight! We enjoyed her being with us so much! She keeps us laughing. Grandchildren ARE a wonderful gift from God!

VACATION------6 days away!!!! We are already packing our clothes. The guest bed is full already of all the things we are taking. I hope the trailer holds it all :)

No comments:

Followers