Friday, October 3, 2008

Getting Ready for Fall Festival

Most of my day yesterday dealt with helping get things ready for one of Dayspring's biggest events of the year...Fall Festival! This year, we are having a concession booth for Women's Ministry where we will be selling popcorn, snow cones, cotton candy, bottle waters and diet cokes. I have quite a few people signed up to help me throughout the night. I know it will be a lot of fun and look forward to it. We will begin setting up around 8:00 tomorrow (Sat.) morning and will go all day until 4:00 when the festival starts.

Linda Peak and I were also asked to judge the highly anticipated pumpkin decorating contest for children's and adults. There were a lot of very interesting pumpkins to select from. The best of show was a beautiful Cinderella pumpkin made into a beautiful coach. Way to go pumpkin decorators!

Last night was the much anticipated vice-president presidential debates. Sarah Palin did an outstanding job as she debated Joe Biden. It really is amazing how well she is doing having only been tapped for this position 5 weeks ago. I truly believe it is because she is relying on God to be her strength. I so pray that this team wins the election. Right now, they are definitely down by quite a bit in most of the polls, but I don't always put a lot of confidence in the polls.

The big news today (Friday, Oct. 3) is that the massive financial bailout was passed in Washington by the House and the Senate. It seems that it is something that had to be done even though many think it wasn't such a great thing. I guess time will tell.

I spent the first three hours of my day off painting a picture for Tom and Linda Peak's grandbaby's nursery. I did it in acrylic and went back and did detail with fine line marker. I really enjoy doing this type of art and I hope that all of them like it, especially baby Will. It will be above his changing table and maybe it will give him something to look at while he lays there getting his bottom changed:)

I woke up in the middle of the night with a bad headache. However, I waited until morning to take any medicine. I took allergy medicine this morning and have been a little groggy all day. I took about an hour nap this afternoon which was wonderful!

Monday morning, I am to report for jury duty downtown at 7:45 A.M. I have been called to jury duty a couple of times, but have never been chosen to serve. I expect that will be the case once again. I'm not sure how many days I will have to go downtown, but I don't look to forward to the long commute every morning.

Randall and I are really getting excited about our vacation coming up. We will be leaving two weeks from Sunday. We have a lot planned and I think we will enjoy the beautiful area of Arkansas in the Ozarks and the sights and sounds of Branson. Randall has already begun collecting food to take in the camper. He read the menu items off to me yesterday and I think I gained weight just listening to him:) But, that is part of what vacation is all about....eating!

15 days until the truck and trailer leave Clarke Rd. and head towards Arkansas!

1 comment:

Tiffy's World said...

Great job! All the hard work ya'll put in showed, it was incridable! Best yet! By the way, you looked cute as always!

Followers