Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mountain View, AR 25th Annual Bean Festival








Back when we decided to extend our vacation to another week, we began to look for a couple of towns south of Branson where we could stay that would be close to the National Forests that we wanted to visit. One of the towns that we thought we might want to stay was Mountain View. I called two different RV parks and they were both completely full which was very unusual. When I inquired about openings for this weekend, the woman at the park acted like I was crazy to think that I would be able to get a spot. She said, "Honey, I have been booked up for over a year for that weekend. When I asked her if something special was going on, she said with much excitement...."Oh yes, the Bean Fest." She said they have it every year and it is a huge event.




So we decided since we were only a couple of hours from there that we would drive over and check it out. This gave us a chance to see scenery we had not yet seen and have something to do once we got there. She was right! The little town of Mountain View was packed. There were lots of arts and crafts booths, food booths of all kinds, live music in the square with one act after another, silly races that people had made push carts and raced, as well as every kind of bean and cornbread that you could possibly imagine. People came in from all over with their best beans. Who knew??


We enjoyed the Bean Fest. We got back to camp right around 4:15. I am in the middle of doing some laundry and I think the clothes should be dry. So I better run over to the laundry room and check them, Looking forward to watching Alabama football in just a little while. ROLL TIDE!

Have a wonderful night!

1 comment:

Tiffy's World said...

Who knew all that for a Bean festival? Goodness!!! Looks like ya'll are having fun and I'm so glad! I love ya and hope you continue to enjoy everything.

Followers