Monday, October 27, 2008

Cemetery Beauty & On To Branson









There was only one thing that I had left on things that I wanted to do in Harrison and as strange as it may seem, it was to go to a cemetery. As I explored on the internet things to do in Harrison, one thing that they said that was a must see in the Fall is the Maplewood Cemetery. So we left the camp around 10:00 and ventured out to find the cemetery. WOW, is all I can say! I have never seen such beautiful maple trees with so many different colors. I must have taken 30 pictures and I have put some of them in this post. They were simply amazing!




After the cemeteryvisit, we went back to the camp and picked up our trailer and headed onto our final destination of Branson, MO. Branson was where we decided to take a week vacation to this year and about a month ago, we decided to expand it to another week so that we could visit the national parks in the area as well.
The weather today is beautiful. It was around 65 at 11:00 when we left Harrison. We had only about an hour ride into Branson. We are now in Branson and our campground is great. When I made the reservations about 7 or 8 months ago and told the woman at the campground that it was our first trip to Branson, she told me she would give me the campsite with the best view.....and she did. I have also posted a picture of a view of Downtown Branson from our campsite. GORGEOUS!

Once settled into our campgrounds, we went downtown to explore and see about show tickets. When we checked into the campgrounds, we talked with the lady here about shows she recommended. One of those shows was a relatively new show called The Rankins. These are two brothers who impersonate great muscial duos of the 50's-90's. They have a band, as well as three girl backup singers who also perform different numbers throughout the show. The show was OUTSTANDING! I am so glad that we went. Before the show, we went out to a beautiful Italian Restaurant called Tony Z's. It was one of the prettiest restaurants I have ever been in and had wonderful food!
Today was a great way to begin our time in Branson. This week will be completely different from last week. Last week was all about country life...this week it is all about shows and city life. On our vacation, we are experiencing the best of both worlds! I am so thankful for the wonderful time we are having.
Love you guys!

1 comment:

Payne Family said...

The pictures at the cemetery are beautiful!!!!

Followers